Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year's Eve!




Check in with Soccer Mom in Denial who started Music Monday and see who else is playing!

Auld Lang Syne sung by: Barbra Streisand


As I was looking through the offerings on YouTube for Auld Lang Syne, I ran into a number of truly fun, and some rather nifty entries. This particular rendition of this New Year’s Eve standard, was one I had not heard before. I also got a kick out of it being a recording of a 2000 New Year’s Eve concert, and that flashlights had been provided for those in attendance, incase the lights went out--do we ALL remember the “turn of the millennium” forecast of gloom, doom, and random blackouts, etc.?


For me that rather added to the nostalgia. I hope you’ll enjoy this arrangement of “Auld Lang Syne”.

So here's to all my old and new friends: May you all have a VERY Safe and Fun entry into the New Year!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Hey, nobody does it better than Babs! I hope you'll have a lovely time with family and/or friends, ringing in the new year!

soccer mom in denial said...

I had a colleague at my old job who was convinced the world would end with Y2K destroying computers. She gave weekly "Chicken Little" reports during staff meetings (her title - really).

You just gave me a funny flashback referring to that (in)famous New Year's.

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

I was planning of posting this...but had to go to the grocery with Mom... ;)

Love this song...goes well with the season!

Have a wonderful year ahead!

Jan said...

Can you believe another has has past? Time seems to fly by doesn't it?

You have a great New Years with your family my friend. (((HUGS)))

Love You !!

Jenn in Holland said...

Yes! Happy New Year to you!
Hope the celebrations and the anticipation bring it in just right...

Alex Elliot said...

My husband always turns that song up whenever we hear it!