Here are the rules...
(1) Make a list of eight random facts/habits about themselves.
(2) Tag eight other people to do this meme and list their names. [I've amended this to TWO people, not eight.]
(3) Leave a comment on each of the Tagged People's websites to inform them about the meme which they're tagged to do (enjoined to participate!). [I'm amending to ask "Please, would you enjoy taking part? I'd like to see your answers!]
OK, we’ll start with the Eight Random Facts/habits about ME:
- When I was very young, my folks owned and operated a pet store.
- I grew up having my father telling me and my brother stories at bedtime which he would make up “off the top of his head”; and, he always left them at a “critical point” so my brother and I were hanging on every word, and would never fight going to bed the next night, so we could hear more of the story. (Unfortunately, there were no tape recording devices in our home in those days, so all of these marvelous stories are lost to the world--which is very sad, as he was a wonderful and magical storyteller.)
- No doubt because of being raised in a pet store, and having parents (especially my father) loving critters, I have had an alligator, numerous chameleons, “circus” mice, guinea pigs, and a host of birds, dogs, a cat, fish, rabbits, etc., as pets over the years.
- I lived in Aspen, CO for one interesting summer when I was 39 years old (my children and husband were back in Iowa--and it was the first time I’d ever been alone, as I went from daddy’s home to hubby and my home, no place of my own in-between).
- It is a rare thing for me to have, as my health and body can’t really tolerate too much of a good thing--but I am a major fan of Cotton Candy. Any midway I go to, at any fair, and I’m in line at the first cotton candy vendor!
- When I was a little girl I had copper red hair. And along with the red hair, came a red-head’s fiery disposition if crossed. I now have pretty much “salt and pepper” hair, more salt than pepper. And you really have to push things to ever see my temper flair.
- When I was young I got on a kick of naming everything “Buttercup”. I believe it was the name of Dale Evan’s horse (Roy Roger’s wife)--I may be wrong, but it was a horse on a TV show. For the next few years, I named every doll, every stuffed toy, Buttercup. My family couldn’t see how I kept all the Buttercups separate--but then again, why would I need to, it wasn’t like any of them had to actually “answer” to the name and show up when I called. LOL
- One of the people I’m looking forward to seeing in Heaven is Mark Twain/Samuel L. Clemens. I have been a fan, an admirer, a student of his for eons. I’m sure I have a host of questions for him--but in truth, I would just enjoy sitting over a cup of tea with him and letting him do all the talking.
There we go, eight exceptionally random facts about me. And now the two people I'm tagging:
Now I’ll zip over to their spots and “tag” ‘em. And thanks Mariposa for thinking of me!